The West Austin Neighborhood Group is a non-profit organization of neighborhood residents with the shared goal of preserving the character of West Austin and protecting it from deterioration. WANG is concerned with community development, ecology, safety, and many other matters that indirectly and directly affect the quality and character of our neighborhood and the City of Austin.
WANG publishes a monthly newsletter and one annual newsletter described more fully below.
- Payment and ad copy MUST be received upon submission for the Annual Newsletter and by the 10th of the month for monthly newsletters. No exceptions.
- Proofs must be signed and returned in a timely manner to avoid errors.
- Monthly newsletters are mailed no later than the 25th of the month.
- The Annual newsletter is typically hand delivered 4 weeks prior to the Annual Meeting. [The 2015 delivery date is scheduled for mid October.]
All ads must be submitted in camera ready format. Size specifications are found below.
Size (W x H)
7.5 x 9.75
7.5 x 5
3.75 x 5
3.75 x 2
Camera-Ready ads are ads that can be placed directly into the newsletter publication for printing without modification. Our preferred file format for receiving camera-ready ads are PDF files. Using PDF files avoids common font problems that can occur with other file formats. If your software does not support creating PDF files, we also accept EPS files with embedded fonts or fonts that have been created to outlines.
We accept ads from any vector-based program in PDF or EPS format. The following lists several popular vector-based programs:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe PageMaker
- Adobe InDesign
- Corel Draw
- Macromedia Freehand
- Microsoft Publisher
We do not accept ads from raster-based or “paint” programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks and Microsoft Paint, even if provided in PDF or EPS formats. Raster-based design programs create ads that reproduce poorly in print.
The base discount applies to contracts with multiple months. Ads of the same size can be changed monthly.
- 3 ads – 10%
- 6 ads – 15%
- 12 ads – 20%
- Multimedia A Web/Monthly Newsletter 10%
- Multimedia B Web/Annual Newsletter 15%
- Multimedia C Web/Monthly & Annual Newsletter 20%
- Comprehensive Web/Monthly & Annual Newsletter/Booth* 25%
* Booth – Advertiser may have a booth/table at the WANG Annual Meeting and be listed as a sponsor.