Citizen Input To Identify Transportation Issues – The City’s Transportation Department is requesting public input from residents to discuss transportation concerns as part of the City’s Strategic Mobility Plan outreach. On Nov. 9-12, 2009, neighborhood outreach meetings will be held around the city at the locations listed below. Transportation engineers will be available between 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. to take comments about specific transportation concerns for roads, transit, rails, sidewalks, bicycles or trails.
Large-scale maps of the city will be set up for residents to identify specific transportation gaps or traffic bottlenecks such as missing highway interchanges, left-hand turn lanes, trails or bicycle lanes, sidewalks, car/vanpooling options and rail transit. Comments about specific transportation elements will help the City develop a master list of projects that should be addressed, immediately or longer-term in a bond election.
The Strategic Mobility Plan outreach meetings are being conducted at the same locations as the Comprehensive Plan community forums at the following times and places:
Nov. 9, 2009 Meetings
– Westwood High School, 12400 Mellow Meadow Drive (6 p.m. — Transportation comments)
– Baty Elementary School, 2101 Faro Drive (6 p.m. — Transportation comments)
Nov. 10, 2009 Meetings
– St. David’s Episcopal Church, 304 E. Seventh St. (7:30 a.m. — Transportation comments)
– Bowie High School, 4103 Slaughter Lane (6 p.m. — Transportation comments)
Nov. 12, 2009 Meetings
– Reagan High School, 7104 Berkman Drive (6 p.m. — Transportation comments)
– Travis High School, 1211 E. Oltorf St. (6 p.m. — Transportation comments)
If you are not able to attend the meetings, you can still provide input by identifying areas of transportation concern in a quick survey.
For additional information, please contact Rob Spillar, P. E., Director, Austin Transportation Department (phone: (512) 974-7092, fax: (512) 974-7101, email: Rob.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tags: No Comments